Lyme : Biological Treatment Protocol
Mindful Medicine - A humanistic approach to a person suffering from chronic Lyme disease
By Dietrich Klinghardt MD, PhD
New York, June 2012
By Dietrich Klinghardt MD, PhD
New York, June 2012
Dr. Klinghardt Biological Lyme ProtocolLyme Disease
Taken from Klinghardt Institute | The Heart Of Healing
Step 1: the foundation
- Cistus tea (prevention of tick bites, biofilm- dissolving, borreliocidal) – start with 2 cups per day, slowly increase to 8 cups per day. As soon as any improvement is noticed, stay with that dose without further increase. If a die-off effect or worsening occurs, go back to the last tolerated dose
- Binders – 2 options:
- Lava Vitae (special zeolite – has scooper inside): 2 scoops 2-3 times daily between meals and/or at bedtime
- Chlorella: 8-16 tablets (250 mg each) 3 times per day 30 min before meals or at bedtime (binders have the job to capture mobilized biotoxins in the intestinal tract to prevent their re-absorption)
- Hyaluronic Acid Liquid: teases microbes out of protected hiding places; nutrient for joints and connective tissue. The Ki-Science product has the exact Dalton molecular size for complete sublingual uptake. Take 3 – 4 dropper-full twice daily. If joint pain is the main presenting issue, consider a third dose.
- Cistus Incanus Plus Tincture 10 to 15 drops twice daily.
You need a 250 or 500 ml glass jam jar with a lid. Fill with a cup (6 oz) of clean water. Add the entire daily dose of herbals and 1-3 teaspoons (15 ml) MicroPhos (known effects: increases cell wall integrity, increases parasympathetic tone, helps anti-microbials to penetrate into biofilm and cross membranes and barriers). Shake vigorously for 1 minute. Take half the daily dose in the morning just before breakfast (to prevent nausea), the rest in divided doses throughout the day; nothing past sunset. It may take months to reach the full treatment dosage.
To increase the depth of penetration of the mix, an ultrasound jewellery cleaning device can be used (costs less than 30 £). Put water in the chamber, place the closed jar with the mixed herbal tinctures into it – after the shaking – and vibrate for 12 minutes.
- One to three teaspoons MicroPhos – fixed daily dose independent of the herbal dosages used. (More is better, but this is a more costly item)
- Sweet Annie plus Sweet Stevie (known effects of S.A.: anti-protozoal, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory. Stevia: anti-Lyme, biofilm penetrating): 1 drop twice daily each, double every 3 days until improvement of any symptom is noticed. If a dose of 2 pipettes twice daily is reached and has to be increased, start a 3rd dose in the middle of the day. If a die-off effect or worsening is noticed, go back to the last tolerated dose and stay there for at least 10 days before attempting to increase the dose again. Do not exceed 2 full pipettes three times per day. Stay on that dose if no further change is noticed and add the next item.
- Astra Smile (known effects of the ingredients: anti-bacterial, anti-viral, neuro-protective and neuro-regenerative, anti-aging): start with 1 drop twice daily, titrate to tolerated and effective dose.
- Coriandolo Plus (known effects: removal of toxic metals, normalizes serum lipids, increases bile flow): start with 1 drop twice daily, increase to full dose of 2 dropperful 3 times per day as tolerated. This item can also be used separate from the cocktail in a cup of water. Best if combined with 20-30 min ionic foot bath twice weekly.
- Propolis Plus (known effects: anti-viral, radioprotective, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal. In our experience: powerful anti-Bartonella effects): titrate carefully to tolerated dosage. Some patients might be allergic to propolis which should be picked up early during initial titration). Full dose: 2 dropperful 3 times per day
Ag23: this is a unique low potency homeopathic preparation of nanonized silver with a multitude of documented broad spectrum anti-microbial properties. It does not cause silver storage problems (such as skin discoloration) as many colloidal silver products would do, if taken for long periods of time. Silver has been shown to work on its own, but it also potentizes the effect of other anti-microbials. Like other homeopathics, Ag23 is taken straight and undiluted away from all other items, including food, water or other drinks. Dosage: 2 tablespoons 2-3 times per day
Most patients benefit from decreasing the aluminium burden of lungs and brain. Aluminum has been shown to enhance the destructiveness of Lyme. Add Polmolo to the mix and titrate the optimal dose in the same manner. This can be done independent of the presence of Lyme or other related infections.
Many Lyme patients have undiagnosed kidney problems since the inner lining of the kidney, ureter, bladder, and urethra are favourite hiding and feasting places of Lyme and Co. Renolo: take separately from the cocktail in a glass of water and titrate to the effective dose. Full dose: 3 dropperful 3 times per day in a full glass of clean water. Can also be squirted on food (salad dressing, cooked veggies, etc.)
Mold: many Lyme patients suffer from mould illness as well. The home has to be mould free, as well as the body. Use Rizol Gamma (ozonated plant oils). After the tolerated dosages of the cocktail are established, add Gamma and slowly increase to the optimal dose of 15 drops 3 times per day. These can be added to the cocktail or be taken independently.
The dosages recommended are for a 70 kg person
More information and scientific references: view the powerpoint presentation “Lyme Solutions” from the workshop in London, February 2016 www.KlinghardtInstitute.com. Most items used in this protocol can be sourced from www. KiScience.com. The individual ingredients of the herbs can be viewed in an attachment of the same presentation. Other suppliers can be used as long as the products are sourced carefully and meet the sensitive exclusion criteria. Herbs may have the same name but may not have the same amount of biological activity. During the initial active treatment phase antioxidant vitamins have been shown to be an obstacle rather than helpful. Most chronic Lyme patients start feeling better after 3-4 months on this protocol and reach a profound level of recovery after 18 months. Some patients who were severely ill for many years and have taken antibiotics for more than 3 months may need a safe, simple, inexpensive and well tolerated maintenance dose of some of these liposomal herbs for the rest of their life.